All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Technical Manager to join senior management team.
In this role you will ensure that Food Safety and Quality Systems are maintained and lived across the site and that all products fully confirm with the relevant Customer, BRC, or Halal Authority Board Quality/Food Safety standards and specifications. This role is also accountable for the implementation of the Health and Safety systems policies and procedures.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation, review and maintenance of the Quality Management System, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and standards to ensure retention of our Grade A BRC and Halal Authority Board Standard accreditations.
- HACCP - conduct an annual review of risk assessments and ensure it is updated as required to account for any changes or new processes, etc.
- Maintain compliance with existing and proposed legislation and regulations in all geographies where our products are sold, e.g. labelling, product traceability, allergens, materials in contact, risk management etc.
- Develop and manage effective, positive relationships with Customers, ensure their expectations are clearly understood across the organisation and address customer issues related to quality and food safety.
- Establish and oversee the implementation of the internal audit programme, ensuring that all non-conformances are closed effectively.
- Lead preparation for all external Audits, be the point of contact for auditors, ensuring prompt and thorough closure of any findings and recommendations.
- Support R&D, NPD and other departments to ensure Quality and Food Safety are intrinsic to their processes and initiatives.
- Ensure process monitoring and controls are operating effectively and oversee calibration programmes.
- Oversee and co-ordinate employee training programmes, in conjunction with the production department. Ensure Work Instructions are maintained and utilised for training.
- Develop and deliver training for employees including induction, HACCP, Food Safety, Hygiene and Health & Safety programmes.
- Ensure compliance with the Pre-Requisite, Training and HACCP
- Organise and prepare meat and non-meat contracts, collect incoming raw-material/product specifications and certificates of Analysis.
- Maintain quality, food safety and technical records as required.
- Conduct/lead root cause analysis and ensure implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrences of non-conformances with Quality and Food Safety standards.
- Promote and develop a culture where Quality and Food Safety take precedence. Implement effective communications, toolbox talks, etc. to ensure employees are kept informed.
- Oversee the implementation of and compliance with Health & Safety policies, procedures and systems of work.
- Co-ordinate Health & Safety training to comply with legislation or best practice.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Knowledge Education /Experience
- A Level 8 Degree in Food Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in a similar Technical Management role, ideally in a high risk, Meat or Dairy processing business.
- Experience of developing and implementing Food Safety, ISO, BRC standards.
- Experience of managing Health and Safety.
You will also demonstrate the following skills and competences:
- Results driven - proven record of effectively managing projects, managing personal worktime to meeting deadlines and commitments and manage priorities.
- Problem Solving – root cause analysis, sound decision-making process
- Interpersonal communication – develop positive relationships with team and other stakeholders, win respect and support and influence, build collaboration with other departments.
- Customer Relationship Management – responsive, calm, effective, negotiation, commercial savvy.
- Self-Assurance – consistent, stand firm to maintain standards.
- Computer skills – competence in Microsoft Applications – Excel, Word, Email
- High level of competence in English (verbal and written)
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com web page quoting reference KR/476 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.