All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of role: Our client based in Co Monaghan is seeking a Shift Production Manager for their busy Packhouse.
Under the direction of the Packhouse Manager, the Shift Production Manager will plan, organise and control the activities within the Packhouse to ensure the highest levels of Customer Service are achieved whilst operating at the lowest unit cost within budgetary constraints and observing all Company Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Quality Management Systems and procedures are implemented and maintained in order to guarantee that product safety, legality and all products are produced to the required specification
- Ensure the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy are achieved through the adoption of correct work practices & thorough and immediate incident/ accident investigations
- Ensure that matters involving a breach of Company rules/ standards are actioned or referred to the Packhouse Manager
- Ensure that all work activities under the control of the Shift Production Manager are commensurate with the Company’s requirement to achieve high Customer Service levels
- Organise & motivate the packing team to achieve the lowest unit cost of production by maximising productivity & minimising non-productive time
- Ensure staff probationary reviews, rostering of staff, performance management, return to work interviews, absence reviews, and disciplinaries, are conducted as required within the timelines required
- Organise & motivate staff to ensure that the maximum use is made of all raw materials to reduce wastage to the lowest practicable levels
- Ensure that progress against the day’s agreed packing plan is monitored throughout the shift and where deviations are found, act to correct them immediately
- Deal with staff grievances in a fair, reasonable and equitable manner
- To ensure the continued development of the team identify areas for improvement for individual members of the team, set clear goals & targets and carry out regular appraisals of progress including weekly line leader reviews
- Identify staff training/ development actions that are deemed necessary to improve work performance and implement these actions
- Communicate effectively with all staff at all levels to ensure they are fully briefed on all relevant issues routinely
Competencies to perform the role
- Strong leadership skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experienced in change management
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally Third level education in a food related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in FMCG/ food-based environments at management level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (desirable)
Other significant role requirements
- Preparedness to work flexible hours
- Willing to train quickly and under pressure
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference KR/117.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.