All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of role: Our client based in Co Meath is seeking a Senior Buyer, reporting to the Commercial Director. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for sourcing products and negotiating supply agreements with pharmaceutical suppliers and parallel trading suppliers across a number of EU countries. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating purchasing and supply agreements and ideally would have had experience working in a fast-paced trading environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing supplier relationships and developing potential new suppliers.
- Placing orders with suppliers throughout the EU ensuring maximum stock availability in line with target stock levels and expiry date policies.
- Generating and inputting purchase orders onto Sage IT system.
- Amending/ updating stock items on Sage IT system.
- Sourcing new products and identifying new/ lower cost sources for existing lines.
- Working closely with the Sales department & Regulatory Affairs department to advise on stock availability.
- Preparation of reports for weekly and monthly department meetings.
- Visiting overseas suppliers and attending trade shows (approximately 5 - 6 trips per year).
- Arranging and co-ordinating transport & collection arrangements for all goods ordered.
- Managing the flow of goods from suppliers to the facility and expediting where necessary to ensure a consistent floe of stock through the production facility.
- Responding to queries from other departments in relation to stock and pricing.
- Resolving pricing and quantity discrepancies with Goods Inwards and Finance.
- Any other adhoc tasks as appropriate for this role.
Key competencies required:
- Knowledge of supply chain practices.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and experience with a stock procurement system and Sage would be ideal.
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to manage margins, costs and stock availability across a wide range of products.
- Strong communication & negotiation skills.
- Good organisation skills and ability to work on own initiative as part of a larger team.
- Fluency in a foreign language is an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference KR/90.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.