All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of role: Our client based in Ashbourne, Co Meath is seeking a Sales Team Leader FMCG/ Supply Chain on a full-time permanent basis. The Team Leader will manage a team of Account Managers, Sales Representatives and Sales Support Executives.
- Planning and delivering the annual sales strategy to ensure that the business meets its sales and profitability growth targets
- Leading the sales function within the business and managing and mentoring the sales team to ensure that they are operating efficiently to drive sales growth
- Managing the operational cost budget for the sales team
- Providing market feedback on competitor activity and sales forecasting for purchasing and production departments
- Providing regular updates to the Senior Management Team on commercial performance
- Preparation of monthly price lists, pricing tenders and margin analysis
- Developing & managing key customer relationships to leverage the company’s position as market leader within their sector
- Working closely with key customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs to ensure that the product range and customer service standards meet their ongoing requirements
- Understanding the key drivers and KPIs which influence the business performance and ensuring that these are fully understood and implemented across the sales team
Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership. Can lead and motivate a sales team to deliver outstanding results in a competitive sales environment
- Sales Skills. Has a structured approach to managing the monthly sales and reporting cycle and can effectively set objectives and targets for the sales team in addition to being actively involved in managing key customer accounts.
- Communication. Can build both customer relationships and effective internal relationships with other key departments leads within the business – Purchasing, Production, Regulatory Despatch & Finance and works to ensure that the requirements of our customers are communicated throughout the business
- Organised. Excellent planning and analytical skills to ensure that our business IT systems are used effectively to help identify opportunities to grow the business and to drive operational efficiency.
- 2 years customer service/ sales administration experience
- Good working knowledge MS Office main applications
- Use of SAGE or other stock management systems an advantage
- Friendly engaging telephone manner
- A willingness to learn, to work as part of a team and a desire to progress within the sales department
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Senior Sales, Key Account Management or National Account Management selling to the multiples.
- Proven experience managing and leading a sales team
- IT Literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ideally has experience working with Sage 500/ 1000.
- Financially numerate working with product costs, sales margins and selling prices
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KR/86.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.