All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Quality Leader
Introduction & Role Overview
This role will be responsible for developing and protecting the food safety, technical integrity, product quality and brand standards for the Business and its customers. Managing all quality issues for Meat free and Powder, this role is an integral part of the site management team. The aim of the role is to establish a collaborative approach between the technical and operations functions, to build a culture where food safety is a priority and is the underlying value applied across all functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing, maintaining and driving improvement in the company’s quality and food safety (including HACCP) systems and procedures throughout the Meat Free and Powder Ingredient Production facilities to ensure the site is at a standard which will comply and where necessary exceed customer requirements on a daily basis.
- Ensure all quality controls in respect to raw materials, production processes, finished products, packaging and environmental matters are strictly adhered to. This will be achieved through vigorous attention to the quality procedures laid down and close liaison with managers of each business unit with the aim of building a collaborative approach to ensuring compliance to standards.
- Responsible for promoting and protecting quality and food safety standards and product integrity by monitoring and auditing of QMS compliance with all Competent Authority and Customer ACOP requirements.
- Ensure food safety standards are maintained through the implementation and monitoring of hygiene best practice throughout the site
- Investigation and root cause analysis of customer complaints, working with the operational functions to implement permanent solutions to customer complaints, whether recurring incidents or special cause variation.
- Liaise with Group Technical, Account managers and as appropriate Customers relating to matters regarding customer complaints and substandard quality product.
- Leading, with the support of the operations team, preparation of the site for customer and accreditation audits
- Resolution of any technical non-conformances in conjunction with Site Production Manager / Operations Manager and Quality Team. This must include in particular any evidence of unsafe or out of specification product or raw materials
- Development of a progressive Quality Control approach to daily production requirements, mentoring and guiding the Quality Controller in execution of their duties.
- Direct supervision of the Quality Controller, assisting them to carry out their duties.
- The custodian of compliance to the QMS and responsible for ensuring regular maintenance and auditing of the system to ensure the facility is audit ready at all times.
- Preparation and control of all Micro samples and results, recommending, in the event of unacceptable levels, courses of action that will ensure effective management of microbiological activity.
- The SME for all aspects of technical compliance on the site, advising Customers, suppliers and colleagues when actual or potential issues may arise.
- Keep abreast of changing current or potential legislative and customer requirements from a technical perspective ensuring that the site is capable of compliance in advance of requirements.
- Food production experience
- Must have a good understanding of effectively developing and operating a QMS
- Must have experience of controlling HACCP systems, minimum level 5
- Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to interpret Customer / Governing bodies COP`s
- Have good computer and report writing skills
- Must be a team player
- Be results driven and systems orientated
- Work alongside the operations team
- Be proactive and methodical in your approach to work
- Be highly organised and detail orientated
- Able to process and analyse data
Experience and Qualifications
- Food production experience and a good understanding of BRC, UK & Ireland retailer codes of practice.
- Must have level 6 on NFQ (or equivalent) scale.
- Have at least 2 years proven supervisory experience
- Must have experience of working within a quality Department
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV using reference KR/525 on www.recruitmentbureau.com.
The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.