All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of role: Our client is seeking an Assistant Quality Assurance Manager on a full-time permanent basis for their quality department. This is a key management role within the site with responsibility for driving the quality and hygiene ethos, whilst ensuring both company and regulatory compliance throughout the site.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining site compliance with the Quality Management plan, company quality management systems and internal/ external audits
- Ensuring that all quality controls, in respect of raw materials, process flow, finished products, materials, packaging, hygiene and environmental matters are strictly adhered to, within the Packhouse
- Conduct investigations of process/ failures and customer complaints to identify effective corrective/ preventative action and root cause analysis
- Responsible for promoting and implementing quality standards and driving continuous improvement within the quality function
- Implement and monitor hygiene practices throughout the site and hold routine meetings with hygiene staff to continually improve performance
- Preparing for and conducting customer visits/ audits and third-party audits within the Packhouse
- Managing the weekly microbiological swabbing schedule and trending/ analysing this information
- Leading the improvement of product quality at intake, product age, storage, packing and distribution functions by continual physical checks and implementing robust corrective actions
Competencies to perform the role:
- Good computer and report writing skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- A strong communicator in written and verbal presentation
- Results driven & systems orientated, including automated stock management systems
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous supervisory/ management experience in quality assurance, particularly within the food industry would be an advantage but is not essential
- Suitable applicants will have a good general educational background and willingness to learn
- Must have a “can do” attitude to all tasks
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KR/160.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.