All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of Role: Our client based in Co Monaghan seeks a Production Supervisor on a Permanent basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will plan, organise and control the activities within the factory to ensure the highest levels of process efficiency is achieved whilst operating within budgetary constraints and observing all Company Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the factory day to day production
- Ensure all Quality Management Systems and procedures are implemented and maintained in order to guarantee that product safety, legality and all products are produced to the required specification
- Ensure the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy are achieved through the adoption of correct work practices & thorough and immediate incident/ accident investigations
- Be responsible for the health & safety culture in the production team
- Ensure that matters involving a breach of Company rules/ standards are actioned or referred to the Operations Manager
- Ensure that all work activities under the control of the Shift Production Manager are commensurate with the Company’s requirement to achieve high Customer Service levels
- Organise & motivate the production team encouraging teamwork to achieve the lowest cost of production by maximising productivity & minimising non-productive time
- Ensure staff probationary reviews, rostering of staff, performance management, return to work interviews, absence reviews, and disciplinaries, are conducted as required within the timelines required
- Organise & motivate staff to ensure that the maximum use is made of all raw materials to reduce all types of waste to the lowest practicable levels
- Ensure that progress against the daily plan is monitored throughout the shift and where deviations are found, act to correct them immediately
- Deal with staff grievances in a fair, reasonable and equitable manner
- To ensure the continued development of the team identify areas for improvement for individual members of the team, set clear goals & targets and carry out regular appraisals of progress
- Identify staff training/ development actions that are deemed necessary to improve work performance and implement these actions
- Communicate effectively with all staff at all levels to ensure they are fully briefed on all relevant issues routinely
Competencies to perform the role
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience and understanding of Manufacturing Lean Principles
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experienced in change management
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally Third level education in a food related discipline or Process engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in FMCG/ food-based environments at Supervisory level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference HM/110.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.