All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
The Procurement Manager will have accountability for spend across the group. Reporting to the Business Development Director, the role will lead the strategic sourcing activities with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while managing price risk and maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels.
The role will work closely with key stakeholders to implement effective risk management strategies.
- Leads sourcing activities, overseeing all activities related to procurement of material, from intent to purchase through to delivery of the material
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies for categories in the region while contributing to wider strategy formation and execution
- In conjunction with business leads, develops, coordinates, and executes effective price risk management strategies
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that minimize the Group’s total cost of ownership, while upholding internal and external policies, governmental regulations and laws and maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Develops and utilizes a system to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Monitors performances of vendors and their compliance with Group guidelines
- Analyses market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability/price, and prepares market analysis reports
- Tracks performance within each spend category and defines budgetary impact
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Directly solves operational issues with vendors
- Reviews and resolves vendor claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Provides assistance to acquisition strategies by completing due diligence and integration activities for spend
- Trains other team members and colleagues across the organisation, as required, in the procurement systems
- Create and maintain a Supplier usage tracker which will monitor usage, costs and reduce waste. Ensure that we are always using the most appropriate and cost effective supplier for each particular business need
- Create and maintain a Transport tracker which will monitor the usage and cost of transport
Develop a system whereby it is clear what terms the Group work with, with the intent to bring all suppliers in line with our standard terms
Create KPI’s regarding Costs and Usage with a goal to improve efficiency
Experience and Qualifications
- Fundamental Supply & Demand and technical analysis of commodity futures markets
- Strong price risk management skills
- At least 5 years of a successful track record working within the Manufacturing Industry in Procurement/Supply Chain or related field with at least 3-years of experience in the procurement area in a Food Manufacturing-Consumer Goods (FMCG) company
- Ideally a Degree/Diploma with an IIPMM qualification combined with relevant commercial experience or can demonstrate such expertise gained via career working experience CPM (Certificate in Purchasing Management) is advantageous
Other significant role requirements
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport
- Role based in Monaghan, travel routinely to company locations
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com web page quoting reference KR/389 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.