All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Principal Scientist
Our client looking for a bright minded, pro-active person to join our team to manage the fermentation of our biological products and future innovations. Applicants must have strong practical experience working with microbial and fungal fermentation (shake flasks and bioreactors) and downstream processing; direct experience of scaling up production is desirable. We are looking for an excellent combination of academic performance (PhD) plus proven industry experience for a minimum of 5 years. Ongoing training will be provided where necessary.
- Fermentation and cell banking activities of a wide variety of microorganisms (Bacterial, yeast and fungi)
- Development of bacterial fermentation to support production of bio-enhancement products to drive the sustainability of mushroom production
- Contribute to the strategy for the development of next generation meat free using fermentation
- Development of fungal fermentation to support production of ingredients and meat free applications
- Providing technical leadership in scaling up and optimisation of fermentation and related downstream processing
- Supporting the scoping and development of inhouse fermentation and downstream processing capabilities
- Responsible for a high standard of report writing including interpretation of data
- Training and support to other team members
- Management of commercial projects from conception to completion
- Management of key milestones for a number of research projects
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done whether in a composting or a mushroom growing environment.
Competencies to perform the role
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Can do attitude: Must have a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on ‘doing the right stuff’ and ‘getting stuff done’!
- Growth: A thirst to learn, grow and keep in touch with innovation within the wider industry;
- Organisation: Highly efficient administration, detail focussed and exacting on time.
- Research standards: conduct research according to the general principles of good research based on honesty, cooperation and responsibility on accurate data acquisition and storage and managing appropriately any conflicts of interest.
Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in relevant science area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial biologics environment
- Applicants must have experience of aseptic production processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Experience in the use of fermentation for the production of meat free products would be a great advantage;
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
- It is required that the Principal Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
- The suitable applicant must be enthusiastic and bring energy to the wider team.
- Must be flexible regarding assigned tasks.
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com
web page quoting reference KR/327 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.