All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Overview of role: Our client based in Co Monaghan is seeking a Maintenance Technician, responsible for the maintenance of all packhouse equipment and mechanisations as part of a team, ideally biased towards electrical.
- To carry out preventative maintenance programmes on all equipment ensuring they are kept to high standard and always ready for use, including wrapping machines, labellers, refrigeration plant, robotics etc.
- To work closely with the Pack house management to ensure all maintenance work is prioritised correctly and carried out in a timely manner
- Assist in the sourcing of parts, following up on parts deliveries and overseeing that incoming parts are fitted as soon as possible when delivered
- Establish and maintain an efficient stock of essential parts, using good stock control techniques
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date maintenance documentation, following good documentation practices and keeping management updated on maintenance progress on all sites
- To ensure any breakdowns or problems are resolved quickly and efficiently as possible, using the resources available
- Being part of a callout service at weekends if required and forming part of a rotating shift pattern
- To assist with any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on our sites as and when required
- To oversee that repairs to equipment carried out by 3rd parties off-site, are fully traceable and repairs are sent out and returned as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
Competencies to perform the role:
- A sound mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting/ problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of technical ability
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft packages
- A high level of flexibility in relation to working hours
Experience and Qualifications
- A recognised qualification in Electrical Installation (preferable industrial)
- Several years’ industry experience in a similar role
- Ability to weld (preferably stainless steel and aluminium) and carry out small amounts of steel fabrication
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience in the food industry and knowledge of the specialised machinery that are in use within a modern Packhouse
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KR/118.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.