All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Reporting to: Operations Manager
The role of the Shift Maintenance Technician is to maintain the factory (including environmental structure and provision of services) in sound condition so that the process environment/services do not pose a risk to product safety and to ensure machines run at recommended capacity to effectively support the production process. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- To help develop the preventative maintenance procedure and to ensure it is followed throughout the factory.
- Completing pre-use inspections checks on all equipment.
- Completing of all method statements, permits that are applicable, e.g. hot work permits, etc.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment are in safe working order/condition.
- In the event of a break down, to ensure that all machinery is repaired and the work area left in a clean and tidy condition with all parts accounted for and positive release of area carried out by Operations Manager/authorised staff member.
- To ensure all items on the calibration list are calibrated as per calibration schedule and therefore operating to the set requirements.
- Assist in drafting and implementing documented WI’s/SOP’s within the factory.
- Involvement in any audits held on site from the statutory bodies, e.g. SFPA, third party audits, e.g. ISO 22000:2005 and also customer audits.
- Ordering in all maintenance equipment, chemicals, food grade greases, spare parts, etc.
- Work with the site team to ensure all machines are running efficiently and effectively and complying with customer requirements, food safety regulations and ensuring our ingredients are never put at risk and safe product is produced every time.
- Be an active part of the HACCP team and to ensure PPE compliance at all times, proper chemical handling techniques adopted. It is imperative that staff report any sickness/illness to the Operations Manager in timely fashion.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Understand and familiarise oneself with the control room operation of the process.
- Review energy consumption and advise where savings can be made.
If you are interested in the above role, please apply to job reference KR/177 on www.recruitmentbureau.com.
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.