All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Role : Head of Finance, Reporting to Finance Director, permanent role based in Co. Louth.
Principal Objective of Position:
Responsible for the accounting, day to day financial management, reconciliation and analysis of the businesses in Ireland & Denmark. Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting. Control and ownership of Balance Sheet and P&L statements.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Financial Management & Reporting
- Monthly financial reporting, management accounts preparation and assist with statutory accounts preparation within internal timeframes.
- Preparation of a management reporting pack with analysis and commentary on KPI’s, for internal management decision making purposes.
- Preparation of reconciliations and journal postings for the monthly management accounts.
- Ongoing working capital, cash flow and overhead management.
- Ongoing analysis and review of business performance, including recommendations on how to drive commercial improvements within the business.
- Liaising with our Commercial & Operations Departments in Denmark and supporting them with financial analysis of their business.
- Ongoing analysis and review volumes and margins, including recommendations on how to drive commercial improvements within the business.
Financial Control & Risk Management
- Management and oversight of annual internal and external audits ensuring on time completion and reporting.
- Co-ordination of the preparation of all statutory and tax reporting and filing including VAT, Excise Duty, Payroll and Corporation tax.
- Management of the transfer price agreements.
- Management of the internal control environment to ensure it is in line with guidelines and best practice.
- Co-ordination and preparation of the month end reporting file in line with the internal control framework.
- Working capital, cash flow and overhead management and optimisation.
- Working closely with the central operations team (i.e., AP, AR, Treasury, Stock & Logistics) to ensure processes are operating effectively.
- Working closely with the Group functions to ensure all requirements are met.
- Management of FX exposure in Denmark.
- Oversight of daily payments and receipts to ensure transactions are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Fuel supplier relationship management (financial & operational issues).
- Management of our fuel contract management system.
- Assist in areas of risk management and compliance and liaise closely with external auditors.
- Working closely with the central operations teams (i.e., AP, AR, Treasury, Stock & Logistics) to ensure processes are operating effectively.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Driving the weekly, monthly, and annual budget and forecasting process in line with Head Office requirements.
- Review actual performance against budgets & forecasts and report variances on a per customer basis.
- Drive the annual 3 Year Plan along with senior management team.
- Financial support and analysis of business development initiatives.
- Preparation and submission of capital expenditure requests in line with requirements.
- Financial support for customer contracts.
- Benchmarking of financial performance against external measures.
- Finance support for any acquisition activity.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the key processes within the SAP system.
- Support the Finance Director on ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Interaction with external/internal parties including customers, auditors and Group Compliance teams.
- Keep up to date on relevant accounting issues that may impact on this business.
- Perform role in line with all Group HSE and other corporate policies.
- Team management and training of junior team members.
Education & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance & accounting team.
- Experience gained with a Big-4 firm an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and presentation skills.
- Experience in the energy industry desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Experience of SAP an advantage.
- Danish speaker an advantage.
Occasional International travel required.
If you are interested in the above role, please apply to job reference KR/608 on www.recruitmentbureau.com or send your CV in Word to email@example.com
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.