All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Group Food Auditor/Technical Advisor
Reporting to the Group Operations Technical Lead. The job holder will be responsible for assisting in the management of the QMS and the internal audit function for the group ensuring all sites comply with both customer and food legislative requirements.
The Group Auditor/Technical Advisor with be responsible for liaising with external & internal farms, composting departments and pack houses on a variety of tasks regarding compliance to third party & customer standards. The role requires knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation, food hygiene, good agricultural practices as well as a practical approach to communicating the importance of record keeping and policy implementation on sites.
- Managing supplier approval and third party accreditations for all sites.
- Assisting in the organisation of audits dates with third party bodies.
- Assisting in the management of the QMS for the grower network and packhouses. E.g.
conducting gap analysis of new standards and implementing changes in QMS.
- Conducting audits on a scheduled basis, as per risk assessment (primary producers and internal sites).
- Auditing as a continuous improvement tool (i.e. driving corrective action completion and verification) in order to achieve compliance to third party and customer schemes on all primary suppliers.
- Communicating audit findings to stakeholders.
- Responsibility of closing out non-conformances identified in audits.
- Keeping abreast of changing legislation/ upcoming standard changes.
- Conducting gap analysis of new standards and implementing changes in the QMS.
- Support, train and develop Quality Assurance and Growing Operations Teams across the group to meet current and future departmental needs, ensuring good performance management.
- Assisting in any other capacity within the technical department where required.
- Assisting in the close out of third party audit non-conformances via root cause and resolution of all issues within specified timelines.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Food Safety/ Agricultural science (or equivalent)
- 1+ years’ experience in Food Quality/Safety Role
- Formal Internal Audit training (Desirable)
- Experience of assisting in or carrying out internal audits
- Understanding of HACCP Principles (HACCP training desirable)
- A basic understanding of Fresh Produce Standards (Global Gap, Bord Bia, Tesco Nurture, LEAF, Red Tractor Assured Produce, Soil Association).
- Working experience of Food Industry Standard e.g. BRC, IFS, SQF.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Flexibility is required to conduct unannounced unscheduled audits as the business requires.
- Routine travel required with this role.
- Applicant must be flexible in relation to National & International travel
- Full, clean driving license and access to your own vehicle.
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com web page quoting reference KR/367 or email your CV to email@example.com
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.