All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Title: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Principal Objective of Position:
Overseeing the smooth and efficient management of the General Ledger and Reporting functions.
Assisting the Head of Finance with preparation of financial information for internal and external reporting.
Supporting the implementation of effective and efficient processes within the organisation. To be a key member of a high performing finance team.
- Supporting the Head of Finance with month-end reporting to including, preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly trading commentary and monthly checklists
- Supporting the Head of Finance in preparation of annual financial statements and related schedules
- Co-ordinating with auditors (both internal and external) to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process
- Management of the month-end close process, including co-ordination with other members of the finance team to ensure timely completion of month-end tasks
- Ensuring that all key month-end reconciliations have been performed by the appropriate team member and reviewed by an appropriate supervisor
- Ensuring that a comprehensive month-end folder is prepared each month, containing all key month-end reconciliations, and supporting schedules for key balance sheet accounts
- Ensuring compliance with all financial control requirements (e.g. manual journals, key account reconciliations, etc)
- Co-ordinating with the accounts payable department to ensure that invoices are posted to the appropriate profit centres (site-level, network-level, central)
- Responsibility for month-end overhead accruals process
- Working with the Head of Finance to develop and maintain the Monthly Overhead Reporting
- Working with the Head of Finance to prepare and maintain site-by-site and network level P&Ls – including monthly allocation of month end accruals, and ensuring that team members tag all margin postings by profit centre and by material
Property, Plant and Equipment
- Overseeing the maintenance of a detailed fixed asset register for the business
- Ensuring that assets are depreciated appropriately
- Accounting for repairs/maintenance/upgrades
- In conjunction with our tax advisors, ensuring that VAT returns are prepared and filed in a timely
- Ensuring that all lease/rental payments are correct and are made on time
- Ensuring that the property master data, is accurately reflected in SAP & Innervision
- Support the Head of Finance and Finance Director on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Co-ordination with other managers within the business for cross-cover, and for co-ordination of any tasks that impact on the financial reporting functions
- Interaction with external/internal parties including customers, auditors and Compliance teams
- Keep up to date on relevant accounting issues that may impact on this business
- Cross train with other members of the Finance Team to ensure adequate holiday / leave cover can be maintained and ensure that all major team tasks are always managed
Education & Experience:
- Qualified accountant or 5+years working in a similar role
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Experience of SAP an advantage
If you are interested in the above role, please apply to job reference KR/507 on www.recruitmentbureau.com. Or send your cv to email@example.com
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.