All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Fermentation Technician
Reporting to the Fermentation Lead, the Fermentation Technician is a key role that supports microbial fermentation production.
The Fermentation Technician will be responsible for:
· Day-to-day operation of bench-scale bioreactors, incl. basic operations like preparation and sterilisation of bioreactors, maintenance and calibration of probes and pumps.
· Collecting/interpreting data generated from the fermentations including viable cell counts.
· Harvesting and downstream processing of fermentation samples for use in field trials.
· Disassemble and clean of bioreactors at end of runs.
· Preparation of media and stock solutions, master- and working-cell-banks
· Input laboratory data (online, offline and other analytical data) into data management system and summarising data in spreadsheets.
· Actively communicate and productively and collaboratively interact within and between teams.
· Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
· Coordination of maintenance and repair, as needed.
· Environmental monitoring within the laboratory
· Maintain a clean working environment within the laboratory
· Follow SOPs and safety protocols
Competencies to perform the role
· Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
· Organisation: Highly efficient administration, detail focussed and exacting on time.
· Research standards: conduct research according to the general principles of good research based on honesty, cooperation and responsibility on accurate data acquisition and storage and managing appropriately any conflicts of interest.
Experience and Qualifications
· Possess a level 5 qualification is a science- related discipline.
· Previous laboratory experience to include experience in basic techniques related to sterile technique.
· Possess excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages.
· Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as being team focused.
· Proven record of attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency yet have the ability to be impartial and objective.
Other Significant Role Requirements
· Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
· It is desirable that the Fermentation Technician holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com web page quoting reference KR/283
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.