All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Farm Production Manager
The Production Manager will be responsible the farm production facility with a workforce of 180 people and a production of 153MT weekly. The Production Manager will be required to take full responsibility for: The overall day to day running of the farm operations and site profitability; Lead and direct the work of all employees on site; Oversee all aspects of company policy, production methodology and site initiatives; Continuously improve the process / standards of the site and implement changes as required.
- Overall responsibility for managing farms resources, i.e People, Houses (18 growing tunnels) Equipment (physical security and maintenance).
- Must engender team work within farm and across site and drive performance in all areas but with specific focus on: Yield, Pick rate, Product mix and quality, Costs.
- Responsible for agreeing production with the supply side of the business and following and driving the daily performance of the farm to ensure that production targets and quality parameters are met.
- Working with the Operations Manager, the Production manager is responsible for managing the performance of people (including discipline)
- Identify recruitment needs-maintain sufficient staff levels in all departments on site
- Identify training needs and implementing- ensure that all staff receive sufficient training to enable them to carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible
- Inputting into the budgetary process
- Health and safety responsibility.
- Must be able to cover for growing and harvesting managers and so must have basic knowledge of mushroom growing and harvesting.
- Sign off all hours on a weekly basis for the wage department.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork relating to the Management role.
- Effective communication with QA Department, Trading Desk, Senior Grower & Supervisors.
- Responsible for the weekly profitability of the farm.
Competencies to perform the role
- Develops project plans required to implement projects and programmes of work; defines risks and benefits of work and pro-actively manages
- Solves Problems - Recognises and balances the different interests of stakeholders when making decisions
- Creates a business case for business projects when required
- Works collaboratively and encourages cross disciplinary working between teams
- Proactively seeks customer feedback and acts upon it
- Challenges the current perspective to drive continuous improvement
- Challenges processes which are ineffective providing direct and timely feedback; finds the right balance between frankness and respect; always delivers on work promises and deadlines
- Communicates Effectively – uses communication skills to influence colleagues and senior managers; switches easily from high level to detailed information as needed; reads and adapts to visual cues in a high pressured environment
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven track record in either growing or people management, ideally will have element of both, or demonstrate ability to develop both
- Fresh produce / food production / agricultural / horticultural background.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to address immediate problems, create instant, relevant decisions to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to understand budgets, management accounts and product costings
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Driving licence
- Valid Passport (no travel restrictions)
If you are interested in the above role, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference KR/288
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.