All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Job Title: Customs and Compliance Specialist
The main objective of the role is to be the customs and compliance specialist for our client.
- Work closely with customs brokers and freight forwarders and complete all associated documentation for this purpose.
- Do all manual declarations eg packaging, machinery, IT items
- Be the go to person for all customs and compliance issues in the group
- Support the alignment of Product Classification and Valuation of our products
- Be accustomed and engage fully with the use of special trade programmes – eg Temporary Admission, Inward Processing etc
- Supplier declarations will form a core element of the role and you will ensure all associated paperwork and declarations follow any necessary guidelines
- Ensure that all post entry amendments are completed and maintained accordingly
- Maintain budgets and report on any duty spend throughout the group
- Ensure that all submissions to revenue are on time and accurate
- Work with various teams to minimise duty payments
- Build and manage relationship with Irish/UK customs officials and pro-actively engage to streamline processes
- Manage TA process on a monthly basis and ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound reporting
- Be first point of contact for revenue audits
Competencies to perform the role
- Strong knowledge of classification of goods
- Ability to work under pressure and on their own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise objectives and duties
- Excellent PC Skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ERP Systems and Microsoft Excel is essential
- Relevant experience in a similar business
- Customs Qualification
If you are interested in the above role, please upload your CV to www.recruitmentbureau.com web page quoting reference KR/316 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy. Your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.