All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Our client in Co. Meath has an opportunity for a Cost Account to join their Finance team. This role will work closely with management across the company providing control, analysis, and reporting of the job costing process
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and establish inventory costings to support the pricing of contracts, financial reporting, and the appropriate valuation of materials, WIP and finished products.
- Develop and establish system capabilities to track, review and report on direct materials, direct labour and fixed and variable manufacturing overhead information
- Develop and establish reporting for key areas including product costing, material usage, costed bill of materials, purchase price variances, factory yield, volume + rate variances, stock counts, margin variance.
- Prepare job variance reports for all jobs within the review parameters and compile and present weekly and monthly closed jobs variance reports. Highlighting any data integrity issues for review.
- Support a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, including contributing to and supporting product development, new business development and purchasing and operations objectives. Be fully involved in instigating and manage cost saving projects
- Qualified/ Part Qualified Accountant
- Minimum of 3+ years’ working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel – must be comfortable with data manipulation and presentation and be able to work with large and complex volumes of data
- Experience of developing procedures for capturing manufacturing data
- Must have a working knowledge of Activity Based Costing
- Self-Starter, work under your own initiative whilst also working as part of a team is essential to this role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be flexible
- Strong intellectual, analytical and thinking skills
If you are interested in the above role, please apply to job reference KR/405 on www.recruitmentbureau.com or send your CV to email@example.com
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.