All of our jobs are based in Louth/ Meath/ Cavan/ Monaghan/ North Dublin.
Title: Stock and Logistics Accountant
Reporting to: Stock and Logistics Manager
Principal Objective of Position:
An exciting opportunity for an individual looking for a career in finance but also shares an interest in the core operations of an organisation. The individual will have responsibility for the daily, weekly and monthly Stock Reconciliation, Logistics Accruals, reporting of Logistics Costs and Stock losses and all other stock/logistics related accounting reports. They will also work closely with 3rd party hauliers and Internal Supply Chain team to ensure the continued efficiency of the business.
- Cost Monitoring/Reporting
- Ensure correct costs are accrued in the SAP system
- Make adjustments for any unplanned changed to deliveries
- Review differences to loaded and delivered quantities to understand why they occurred
- Work closely with Hauliers to ensure all delivery documentation are received on time
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable team to ensure efficient resolution of queries
- Provide regular KPI reporting to the Logistics Team to assist them in decision making and review of Haulier performance
- Provide Finance support to the Logistics team where ad hoc reporting is required
- Issue of Monthly Self Billing Tax invoice to Hauliers
- Ensure payment of Haulier invoicing within the agreed payment terms
- Strive to ensure continuous improvement in the Logistics Accounting process
- Completion of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Stock Reconciliation and investigation of stock differences.
- Support the Stock and Logistics Manager / Financial Accountant / Head of Finance on ad hoc projects as and when required
- Interaction with external/internal parties including customers, auditors and Group Compliance teams.
- Perform role in line with all Group HSE and other corporate policies
Education & Experience:
- Qualified / Part-qualified Accountant
- At least 4/5 years’ experience in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills a must
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills
- Experience of SAP or similar large ERP system an advantage
- French speaker an advantage
- Good attention to detail, with an ability and willingness to work in the detail and take a hand-on approach.
- Positive, can-do attitude, displaying a high level of commitment & motivation.
- Demonstrates a desire to grow and undertake additional responsibility.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Demonstrates articulate and professional communication style.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal and professional standards.
- Possesses strong financial acumen.
- Ability to build strong business relationships across different business areas
If you are interested in the above role, please apply to job reference KR/508 on www.recruitmentbureau.com. Or send your cv to email@example.com
At The Recruitment Bureau, we respect your privacy; your CV will not be forwarded to a client company without your consent.